I got rear-ended...AGAIN....on my way home from work yesterday. Oh, the car seems okay (we'll have it checked out anyway) and nobody was hurt, but still....This would make it FOUR times that I've had to have that bumper repaired. It's getting tiresome.
And who gets rear-ended that many times?! That's just weird. I know, you are thinking "Well, I'm sure she tailgates and slammed on her brakes and probably deserved it," but I don't. I was standing STILL at a stoplight yesterday when the lady behind me sorta went stupid and gunned her car even though we were all stopped and the light was still red. I'm still shaking my head on that one.
The Readers Digest version:
- The Chicago police department people try harder (and succeed) at working less than the people I work with. We stood there looking at two workers for 15 minutes while they pretended to not notice us in line to file a report.
- The ladies room at the police department is broken. The men's room is locked. And if you ask about the key, it leads to a major discussion amongst the employees---all the while ignoring you, the person who has to pee.
- If you hit somebody's car, just keep telling them that there is no damage and it will make the problem go away. Or just tell them that the damage was already there--that works too. NOT.
- If you get a case of the giggles amongst all this madness, it just seems to make the employees really, really mad. (I couldn't help it, though)
- I came home from the police station and got a very bizarre letter from someone who sorta skunked me a few weeks ago. It was at this point that I looked to the sky and said "Really, God? Really?!" I'm still trying to figure out why this day needed capping off with that letter.
- I get to use my "I just got rear-ended and it wasn't by David Beckham" line again! Much to my family's chagrin.
- I'm still laughing.